Curious about AStA huh?
Departments and Responsabilities
- Chair & Board — Responsible for organisation, leading meetings, decision-making, and representing the AStA at StuPa meetings and with the University Administration. The Chair / The Board also covers all the tasks that cannot be assigned to the other departments
- Finance — Responsible for budget planning and administration.
- Campus-Representatives Kleve & Kamp-Lintfort — Responsible for the organization of the Departments of their respective Campus, as well as a substitution of the Chairman/Chairwoman when required.
- Social — We provide support for students with children, students with disabilities/chronic illnesses, and victims of violence. We also give financial advice and loans and general social advice.
- International — We help international students with visa issues, insurance, and discrimination. We also organize cultural events. The International Department works to improve the quality of life, integration, and appreciation of students coming from abroad.
- KLEvent — We organize parties, lifestyle events and trips, and support student initiatives.
- Sports — We focus on making athletics accessible to all students, and work in collaboration and as a complement to Hochschulsport.
- University Policy — We help students understand the regulations of the university, mediate disputes between the uni and students, and network with other ASten about University Policy.
- Political Education — We focus on helping students to understand and engage with politics at the university, local, national, and international levels.
- PR Department — We support the other AStA departments by advertising events, redirecting external queries to the correct departments, and managing AStA communication channels.
- LGBTQi Department — We support Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Trans, Queer, Intersex, + students.