Would you like to know more about our University Policy Department?
What do we do?
The Department for University Policy is the contact point for all students and will support you with counseling and advice on:
Defense before the Examination Board
Problems arising around your studies
Difficulties with your professors
If you do not know whom you have to contact at the university
While the FSRs focus on the student-teacher interaction at each faculty, the University Policy Department is your central place to go for counseling, if you have difficulties with examinations.
A further focus of the department is networking with other universities, including the participation in meetings of the regional organization of student representatives in North Rhine-Westphalia (LAT NRW). In these monthly meetings, the heads exchange knowledge and experiences with student bodies from different universities in order to establish best practices for the student self-administration.
IMPORTANT: As we are no lawyers, we cannot give you legal advice. Still, we can facilitate contact with legal counselors, if you want to pursue a legal appeal.
My name is Sebastian. I am 23 years old and study International Relations. I have recently just joined AStA in the University Policy Department, but I was previously involved in various other student groups and organizations in and around the university.
Sometimes it’s difficult to find your way around in this university and you might be unsure about who to contact or what to do next. If you have problems related to your exams or anything that relates to the list above, you can always send me an email and I am happy to help you as best as I can.
I hope to see some of you around Campus again in the next semester. If you need help, please also feel free to chat with me during my office hours!
Would you like to contact us?
Kleve: Every Tuesday from 13:00-14:00
Kamp-Lintfort: Every Friday from 12:30 to 13:30 am
- Guide (guide for all statutes and regulations)
- Overview of all statutes, regulations and publications
- Constitution of Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences
- Central level
- Faculty Regulations
- Entrance Examination Regulations for International Students
- Statutes of the Student Body
- Contribution regulation
- Financial Regulations of the Student Body (German version)
- Election regulations of the Student Body (German version)
- Social Order of the Student Body (German version)
- Statues of the faculty student group council of Society and Economics (German version)