The Welcome Centre is the central contact point for all students provided to you by student tutors. We try our best to help you succeed both academically and socially and will support your transition to the cities of Kleve and Kamp-Lintfort. If you have any questions regarding your Residence Permit or need help filling out forms, calling people who do not speak English, finding a room or navigating your way through Moodle and HisInOne, do not hesitate to get in touch with us!
If you are a (prospective) student with a refugee background, the team of the Welcome Project can guide you through everything you need to know to get started at Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences.
We are here to support everyone throughout the whole time at our university!
Furthermore, we are offering events on a regular basis:
In the Language Tandem you can learn or improve a language together with a tandem partner, if you are facing some difficulties, the Welcome Centre and Student Advisory Service offer monthly peer-counselling sessions called “Tackle your issues!” where you can not only bring in your own topic but also be part of the counselling team – only to name some of the regular events. Next to the introductory events for newly enrolled students joining in the winter or summer semester, we also offer a variety of events throughout the semester!
You can get in touch with us via mail to email@example.com or you can also drop into our Virtual Welcome Centre, where a tutor is available for you Monday to Friday from 10 am to 4 pm. You can find further information here: https://www.hochschule-rhein-waal.de/en/academics/students/welcome-centre/consultation-hours.
Student Advisory Service
The Student Advisory Services advises both prospective and current students as well as parents and teachers on all aspects of studying and university life. The goal is to support in making a well-founded decision regarding the choice of study, organizing the course of studies and mastering challenging situations.
The Student Advisory Service can give information on the following topics:
- Structure, content, curriculum, majors and requirements regarding our programmes
- Application and admission
- Specific entry requirements such as portfolio assessment and preparatory internships
- Social issues such as funding and financial problems, accommodation etc.
- Dates and deadlines regarding application, informational events, introductory events and bridging courses
Furthermore, consultation regarding the following issues is offered:
- Key questions regarding the studies during study orientation
- The decision-making process concerning the choice of study
- Coping with social, cultural and individual challenges throughout the studies
- Change of programm, dropouts, temporary break or professional re-orientation
Please find all contact information and the opening hours on the following website: https://www.hochschule-rhein-waal.de/en/academics/students/student-advisory-service/contact-information.